The great people at Pawduke sent me 12 samples of their treats— one of each of flavors and two seasonal mixes— and one by one, I tried them all.
Baked crisp to help keep teeth clean and control tartar build up, Pawduke All Natural Dog Treats are all vegetarian, soy/corn free, and either wheat-free or grain-free.
The wheat-free treats— made with rye flour, rice flour, oat flour, or a mix of those— are available in the following flavors:
- Peanut Butter (rye flour, rice flour, peanut butter, oatmeal, rice bran, flax, barley flakes, canola oil, whole dried eggs)
- Honey Berry (rye flour, applesauce, rice flour, oatmeal, rice bran, flax, honey, blueberries, cranberry fiber, whole dried eggs)
- Harvest Hearts (rye flour, oat flour, applesauce, oatmeal, flax, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, ground alfalfa, dehydrated apples, dried carrots, parsley)
- Apple Molasses ( rye flour, applesauce, rice flour, oatmeal, rice bran, flax, molasses, dried apples, whole dried eggs, cinnamon, natural apple flavor)
- Pumpkin (rye flour, rice flour, pumpkin, oatmeal, rice bran, flax, canola oil, whole dried eggs, cinnamon, ginger, mace, allspice)
- Seasonal Holiday Mix (pumpkin, apple molasses, and peanut butter).
The grain-free range includes four varieties:
- Grain-Free Peanut Butter (garbanzo bean flour, potato flour, peanut butter, applesauce, honey)
- Grain-Free Sweet Potato (garbanzo bean flour, potato flour, sweet potato, applesauce, cinnamon, honey)
- Grain-Free Banana Carrot (garbanzo bean flour, potato flour, applesauce, bananas, carrots, honey, cinnamon)
- Grain-Free Italian Herb (garbanzo bean flour, potato flour, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, oregano, parsley)
- Grain-Free Trio (mix of grain-free banana carrot, grain-free peanut butter and grain-free sweet potato)
Out of the 12 samples, the only one flavor I wasn’t crazy about was Italian Herb, but only because it contains garlic, which some of you know can be detrimental to a dog’s health. However, I had never eaten grain-free treats made with potato flour or garbanzo beans (chickpeas), and I’m glad I did because garbanzo beans are high in protein, fiber and omega-3s. I also love that the treats are baked in different fun shapes and sizes, which makes them fun to eat and suitable for dogs of all sizes.
A great option for dogs with sensitive tummies, gluten allergies or a vegetarian lifestyle, Pawduke treats are sold at local pet stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
Disclosure: Sample product was provided by Pawduke All Natural Dog Treats, but financial compensation was not received for this post. . Opinions expressed here are my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.